{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you have homeowner insurance?
As someone who rents out the property I live in and I don't currently own my home, homeowner insurance is not something I have needed. I know that my Mum and Dad owner their house and I know they have homeowner insurance that they have had for a long time that they are happy with.

Are you someone who has homeowner insurance or is it something you still need to look into getting?
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
We have homeowner's insurance. It's bundled in with our car insurance so I don't know how much it would or could be if we got both separately. We were told we don't "need" this type of insurance. But if something were to happen, it'd be nice to have. However, it has to be a major incident to make it worth your while. We know of some friends who had their garage door damaged & was going to go through with a claim. Since they had a high deductible like us, it wasn't worth it. PLUS the insurance would increase just because you made that claim. So, that's something to watch out for.
I live with my inlaws, but we all moved into a house last year and they had to get homeowners insurance in order to move into the new house. It's a good thing to have, it'll help cover any damages if there was a disaster that hit your house. We live in the midwest, which we're known to get nasty storms and even tornadoes here and there.
I still leave in the same house with my parents until this date means not concerned by house insurance.