{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you try not to pull money from your savings?
When it comes to having savings it can sometimes be difficult to not pull funds from your savings into your main account to use for purchases depending on how much you have at hand in your main account. Some people I know would rather not pull from their savings and will instead either look for something cheaper or will just do without instead when it comes to seeing something they would like to purchase.

Do you try not to pull money from your savings once it is in there or are you someone that doesn't mind pulling money from your savings and putting it back at a later date? If you do pull from your savings, are you always able to put it back at a later date or does that become a struggle for you?
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
When I had a savings account, it was super hard for me not to pull money from it. I struggled with this and there was a time I ended up using some of my money I had saved on stuff I didn't necessarily needed. I was a bit younger, so now whenever I start up another savings account I will be more responsible and more mature, so I hopefully will not be taking money out of my savings for stuff that I don't need.
(07-04-2023, 09:20 PM)Ravenfreak Wrote: When I had a savings account, it was super hard for me not to pull money from it. I struggled with this and there was a time I ended up using some of my money I had saved on stuff I didn't necessarily needed. I was a bit younger, so now whenever I start up another savings account I will be more responsible and more mature, so I hopefully will not be taking money out of my savings for stuff that I don't need.

I feel this is a problem many have especially when they are young, saving money but then spending it on something that was not needed or essential. 

I myself used to do the same thing when I was younger but found as I got older I got better at saving. The only thing letting me down now in terms of saving is the cost of living but I feel in time, many of us will get used to the prices now and soon be able to save again without issue.
I try not to but it all depends on the situation because sometimes I really need that money and I won't get bank loan for sure to solve the issue I can solve with my own money. You can always refresh savings but this should not become a habit because you will end up losing control and have no savings as you planned. It is always tricky to deal with savings.
It's actually called savings for a reason. It's not your daily expenses money but a money that's kept and saved for a specific purpose or project. Taking parts from the money whenever you want renders the purpose completely useless. I have my expanses money different from my savings.
To prevent pulling money from savings impulsively, I utilize tactics like setting clear financial goals and visualizing the consequences of dipping into savings. Automating transfers to separate accounts inaccessible for daily expenses adds a layer of protection. Creating an emergency fund for unforeseen expenses reduces the need to tap into long-term savings. Regularly reviewing my budget and reminding myself of my financial objectives reinforces my commitment to preserving savings.
Yes, I never pull money out of my savings. To avoid such situations, I strictly follow the monthly budget I make at the beginning of every month where 20% of my income goes to my emergency fund collection.
Managing savings can indeed be challenging, especially when tempted to dip into them for purchases. Some prefer not to touch their savings and look for cheaper alternatives or forgo purchases altogether. 

Personally, I try to avoid pulling money from savings unless absolutely necessary, but if I do, I make sure to replenish it as soon as possible to maintain financial stability. Balancing needs and wants while safeguarding savings is key to long-term financial well-being.