{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Kiyosaki and Investing
Robert Kiyosaki hates diversification.  That's my impression.  Well, he is into real estate investing, not stocks, generally, but I would assume he's not into diversification.  In fact, it's all play big and take risks.

Do you agree with this author of Rich Dad Poor Dad who frowns on so called enslavement to the 9 to 5 grind and the idolatry of college education?
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
Well, such a move might have worked for him in the past, and it is something that you can't take away from him. He was very vocal about investing in real estate and whether we liked it or not. It was a very good one in his days. However, things have now changed, and the need to have people diversify their investment is one that is quite good and should be practised.
(10-27-2023, 04:55 PM)Henrywrites Wrote: Well, such a move might have worked for him in the past, and it is something that you can't take away from him. He was very vocal about investing in real estate and whether we liked it or not. It was a very good one in his days. However,  things have now changed, and the need to have people diversify their investment is one that is quite good and should be practised.

Myself, I agree that his strategy is too risky, but I do think some risk is a good thing.  In fact, losses can hurt in the short-run, but it's very possible to fully recover.
It is very strange for me, because I relied on his advice very often and when investing as well, but it is difficult for me to accept his opinion that he is against diversification. Maybe it works in some areas, but in investing, I shoot on completely different sides.