{myadvertisements[zone_1]}
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selling Online: Etsy Vs Amazon
Amazon and Etsy both are wonderful ecommerce marketplaces for small and medium businesses or even individuals to sell products online and make money.

On Amazon, you can sell a lot of things from physical items, to digital products, and print on demand products. Likewise on Etsy also you can sell physical products, digital products or print on demand products.

If you want to sell physical products on Amazon, you will have to send your products to Amazon warehouse, whereas on Etsy, you can sell physical products only if it is more than 20 years old or your product is hand crafted.

Selling physical products on Amazon is not available everywhere as you need Amazon warehouse in your country, however, you can sell physical products through Etsy no matter where you are based.

Amazon charges you $0.99 per sale for individual plan and $39.99 for a business plan that allows you to sell unlimited products. Etsy charges 20 cents to list a product and 6.5 percent commission after the sale.
{myadvertisements[zone_3]}
I feel that Etsy is the way to go if you're selling arts and crafts. Whereas if you're selling other goods then Amazon would be your best bet. I've noticed a increase in third party sellers on Amazon over the past five or six years.
Amazon is by far my favourite or preferred online shopping platform to sell anything. It used to be ebay I used for a while but I have eventually moved on to using Amazon and it's been a very good decision.
I make use of Amazon, ebay, and Etsy for my online sales. Each and every one of them have its own advantage.

It's why I try my best to make use of all of them so that I don't get to miss out on the benefits each platform offers to me.
(07-15-2023, 11:00 AM)Heatman Wrote: I make use of Amazon, ebay, and Etsy for my online sales. Each and every one of them have its own advantage.

It's why I try my best to make use of all of them so that I don't get to miss out on the benefits each platform offers to me.

I have never used Etsy for anything online - not for buying or trying to sell. I'm not sure if it's a good place to make use of. 

What can you say is the best advantage of using Etsy over Amazon?
When it comes to choosing between Etsy and Amazon, I feel it depends on what you are selling as to which would be the better option for you in terms of cost.

My auntie makes her own jewelry and keepsakes and she sells hers on Etsy and does really well. I also have a friend in the content creation industry and she sells her own homemade wax melts on Etsy and that works really well for her.
Selling on Etsy focuses on handmade, vintage, and unique items, ideal for artisans. Amazon offers a vast marketplace with higher traffic, suitable for mass-produced goods. I prefer Etsy for its supportive community and niche focus, while Amazon excels in scale and reach, perfect for broader product lines.